Settings / configurations which will be stored / not stored in the backup file:
- Controller (rack frame) attachments
- Server configurations
- Display names (user configured names for the modules shown in the APPolo GUI device tree)
- Auto Control Settings
- Some module related settings (e.g. "Lock" - status)
- Event settings (e.g. SNMP Trap enable / disable set in the module Event - Tabs)
- User Management (new created users on a server, password changes, ...)
- Custom Control Designs
How can I backup the LYNX Server (export and import to same LYNX server)?
- If you want to backup the settings of a LYNX server and import it to the same you can right-click on the IP address of the server in the device tree.
- Choose "Settings Management" and then "Export" or "Import" to save and / or restore the settings.
How can I backup the LYNX Server settings and transfer it to another LYNX server of the same type?
Enable "ImportTo" in APPolo GUI Configuration (for transferring a backup file to another LYNX server):
- Open the APPolo Control GUI and click on MyComputer in the left device tree.
- Click on the "Configuration" - TAB.
- Enter the following key / value combination in the text fields below:
- Key: BACKUP_SHOW_IMPORT_TO
- Value: TRUE
- Detailed instruction: https://lynxtechnikag.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000034641-application-note-012-changing-appolo-control-configuration-settings-in-gui-and-lynx-servers
- Restart the APPolo GUI.
Store a backup file of the Server:
- Open the Backup - Tool by clicking on the Toolbar - Icon or in the menu "Tools" > "Backup".
- Select the LYNX server which settings should be stored by selecting the checkbox on the left side of the server IP address (see picture).
- Note: Make sure not to accidentally select a RCT5023 which also has a IP address. The Server is the top - level - IP - knot. Use "Collapse Device Tree" in the menu "view")
- Click on the "Start" - button on the down right side.
- If you did not change the name of the backup file, a Dialog will appear. Enter a file name and click on OK.
Export the backup file:
- When a backup file is created with the Backup - Tool, it will be saved on the LYNX Server itself.
- To export it, click on "Tools" > "Backup" and in the Backup - Tool on "Backup File Manager" (button below), or click on "Tools" > "File Manager".
- Select the Backup - File in the List and click on "Export" to store the file on your PC / laptop local drive.
Import and Import - To:
- If you want to import a backup - file from your local PC drive you have two options.
- If the LYNX server is the same / has the same IP address as in the backup - file you can use the "Import" - button in the Backup File manager.
- If you want to transfer a Backup - File from one server into another (with different IP address), please use the "Import To" - Button.
Do not transfer (ImportTo - Button) backup files between different server types, e.g. RCT5031 > SERVER_5023.Only use backup - files of the same server type, e.g. SERVER_5023 > SERVER_5023 or RCT5031 > RCT5031.
Restore a backup file to a LYNX Server:
- Click on the Restore - Tool Icon in the Toolbar or in the menu "Tools" > "Restore" to open the Restore Tool
- Choose the Backup - File in the list and click on the "Start" - Button on the down right side.